Chaos and stability in planetary systems
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, 2005.
- Physical description
- x, 279 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 683.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Orbit Dynamics, Stability and Chaos in Planetary Systems.- Regular and Chaotic Motion in Hamiltonian Systems.- Planet Formation.- Extrasolar Planetary Systems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is intended as an introduction to the field of planetary systems at the postgraduate level. It consists of four extensive lectures on Hamiltonian dynamics, celestial mechanics, the structure of extrasolar planetary systems and the formation of planets. As such, this volume is particularly suitable for those who need to understand the substantial connections between these different topics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- R. Dvorak, F. Freistetter, J. Kurths (eds.).
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 683