Globalizing India : perspectives from below
- London : Anthem, 2005.
- Physical description
- vi, 236 p. ; 24 cm.
- Anthem South Asian studies.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction / Jackie Assayag and C.J. Fuller
- On the history of globalization and India : concepts, measures and debates / G. Balachandran and Sanjay Subrahmanyam
- In search of "basmatisthan" : agro-nationalism and globalization / Denis Vidal
- Seeds of wrath : agriculture, biotechnology and globalization / Jackie Assayag
- Weaving for IKEA in South India : subcontracting, labour markets and gender relations in a global value chain / Geert De Neve
- Children are capital, grandchildren are interest : changing educational strategies and parenting in Calcutta's middle-class families / Henrike Donner
- Of languages, passions and interests : education, regionalism and globalization in Maharashtra, 1800-2000 / Véronique Bénéï
- Maps of audiences : Bombay films, the French territory and the making of an "oblique" market / Emmanuel Grimaud
- Malabar gods, nation-building and world culture : on perceptions of the local and the global / Gilles Tarabout
- Globalizing Hinduism : a "traditional" guru and modern businessmen in Chennai / C.J. Fuller and John Harriss.
- Publication date
- edited by Jackie Assayag and C.J. Fuller.
- Anthem South Asian studies