The women's movement today : an encyclopedia of third-wave feminism
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2006.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Heywood, Leslie.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgments-- Introduction-- Chronology-- Alphabetical List of Entries-- Topical List of Entries-- The Encyclopedia-- Selected Bibliography-- Index-- About the Editor and Contributors-- Primary Documents.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is an essential reference work on young feminism today. The second wave of feminism of Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan has given way to the dynamic next generation, the third wave, now 15 years old. "The Women's Movement Today" introduces the third wave's key issues, members, visions, writings, and more - with essay entries on subjects from abortion to 'zines. The scope of the more than 200 encyclopedia entries is multidisciplinary and multicultural, inclusive of diverse gender orientations and sexualities, with a focus primarily on the movement in the United States. The encyclopedia includes a volume of primary documents. This is an essential reference work on the current movement, as it charts, describes, and clarifies what has been a much debated and misunderstood phenomenon. More than 70 contributors, including leading academics and activists, present information about third-wave feminism, and they have conveyed the freshness and excitement that often characterise work in the third wave. A chronology and historical introduction put the encyclopedia and primary documents into perspective. Numerous photographs accompany the topics. A selected bibliography lists classic third-wave books, websites, and films. The volume of primary documents presents 77 of the rich and wide range of voices that have contributed to the significant body of third wave feminist work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- edited by Leslie L. Heywood.