The history of photography from 1839 to the present day.
- Newhall, Beaumont, 1908-1993
- New York, Museum of Modern Art 
- Physical description
- 256 p. illus. (part col.) ports. 26 cm.
UPDATE - Library closed July 25 - Sept. 9.
The Library will be closed during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. Please check out Art materials prior to July 25.
Locked Stacks, Small
- In-library use TR15 .N47
- Unknown TR15 .N47
- "Selected bibliography": p. 251.
- Publication date
- "Begun as an illustrated catalog of the exhibition Photography, 1839-1937 ... organized for the Museum of Modern Art in 1937. In 1938 the text and illustrations were reprinted, with minor revisions, as Photography: a short critical history. The present text ... based on this earlier research, has been entirely rewritten and a new selection of illustrations has been made."