Photography, a short critical history
- Newhall, Beaumont, 1908-1993
- New York, The Museum of modern art 
- Physical description
- 220 p. illus. 25 cm.
- Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.)
- "A few books on photography": p. 217-220.
- Reprint/reissue date
- by Beaumont Newhall.
- "Three thousand copies of this revised edition were printed for the trustees of the Museum of modern art by the Spiral press, New York."
- "In the spring of 1937 the Museum of modern art held an exhibition 'Photography 1839-1937' ... The introduction and plates to the catalog of that exhibition form the body of this book. The text has been revised in part, and considerable hitherto uncollected data has been included in the outlines forming the Biographical index, which takes the place of the now obsolete catalog lists of the original publication." -- Pref.
- "Second edition, revised and amended, July 1938."