John Steinbeck letters to Beth Steinbeck Ainsworth, together with lliterary typescripts, documents, photographs, and books, circa 1888-1989
- Steinbeck, John, 1902-1968.
- Physical description
- 2 linear feet
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online (html)
- This collection features 65 letters and cards from John Steinbeck to his sister Beth Steinbeck Ainsworth during the 1950s and 1960s, and 10 additional letters written jointly to Ainsworth and another sister, Esther Steinbeck Rodgers.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2005. Accession 2005-274.
- Finding Aid
- Unpublished guide available in the department.