Newnes electrical power engineer's handbook
- 2nd ed. - Oxford : Newnes, 2005.
- Physical description
- xv, 456 p.
TK151 .W27 2005
- Unknown TK151 .W27 2005
- Warne, D. F.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. Principles of Electrical Engineering. Materials for Electrical Engineering. Measurement and Instrumentation. Generators. Transformers. Switchgear. Fuses and protection relays. Wires and cables. Motors, motor control and drives. Power Electronic Converters. Batteries and fuel cells. The Power System. Power Quality and EMC. Electricity & potentially explosive atmospheres. Principles of Electrical Safety. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The second edition of this popular engineering reference book, previously titles "Newnes Electrical Engineer's Handbook", provides a basic understanding of the underlying theory and operation of the major classes of electrical equipment. With coverage including the key principles of electrical engineering and the design and operation of electrical equipment, the book uses clear descriptions and logical presentation of data to explain electrical power and its applications. Each chapter is written by leading professionals and academics, and many sections conclude with a summary of key standards. The new edition is updated in line with recent advances in EMC, power quality and the structure and operation of power systems, making "Newnes Electrical Power Engineer's Handbook" an invaluable guide for today's electrical power engineer. Features include: a unique, concise reference book with contributions from eminent professionals in the field; provides straightforward and practical explanations, plus key information needed by engineers on a day-to-day basis; and, includes a summary of key standards at the end of each chapter.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- [edited by] D.F. Warne.
- Title Variation
- Electrical power engineer's handbook
- Previous ed. published as: Newnes electrical engineer's handbook. 2000.
- Includes index.
- Related Work
- Newnes electrical engineer's handbook.