End-of-life decision making : a cross-national study
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c2005.
- Physical description
- viii, 266 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Basic bioethics.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction : issues at the end of life / Robert H. Blank
- Ethical questions related to end-of-life decisions : the Brazilian reality / Leo Pessini
- End-of-life care in China : a view from Beijing / Li Yiting, Ole Doring, Liu Fang, Fu Li, and Su Baoqi
- End-of-life decision making in Germany / Alfred Simon
- End-of-life decision making in India / Sunil K. Pandya
- End-of-life decision making in Israel / Tali Amidror and Frank J. Leavitt
- End-of-life care in Japan / Darryl Macer
- End-of-life decision making in Kenya / Angela Wasunna
- End-of-life decision making in the Netherlands / Henk ten Have
- End-of-life decision making in Taiwan / Tai-Yuan Chiu
- End-of-life decision making in Turkey / Sahin Aksoy
- Death policy in the United Kingdom / Richard Ashcroft
- Death and dying : the American experience / Janna C. Merrick
- Summary : the state of end-of-life policy / Robert H. Blank.
- Publisher's Summary
- A wonderfully rich source of information about the way people die around the world. It will be useful in many countries, both in classrooms and boardrooms of various aid agencies and nongovernmental organisations. It is of considerable importance to bioethicists as the field takes a greater international involvement.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- Robert H. Blank and Janna C. Merrick.
- Basic bioethics