The Thames & Hudson dictionary of design since 1900
The Art & Architecture Library is closed July 25 - Sept. 9 during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. The collection is not accessible during this period. Please contact Interlibrary Borrowing to obtain this title.
NK1390 .J85 2005
- In-library use NK1390 .J85 2005
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 222-223) and index.
- How to use this book
- Subject index
- The dictionary
- Chronological chart
- Sources of illustrations.
- Publisher's Summary
- This comprehensive A-Z guide embraces all of modern design's numerous manifestations: graphics, products, interiors, furniture, industrial and architectural design. Guy Julier examines not only the work of important designers world-wide, but also the many dramatic changes that have influenced design and its uses in the 20th century. Thus political and ideological concepts, such as feminism and green design, are defined and explained, as are new technological advances, new materials and techniques and influential movements in modern culture. The text incorporates extensive cross-referencing and full bibliographical notes, along with a chronological chart of design highlights since 1900.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Design > History > 20th century > Dictionaries.
- Designers > Biography > Dictionaries.
- Design > Histoire > 20e siècle > Dictionnaires anglais.
- Design > Histoire > 21e siècle > Dictionnaires anglais.
- Designers > Biographies > Dictionnaires anglais.
- Diseño > Historia > Siglo XX > Diccionarios.
- 20e siècle
- Design industriel
- Publication date
- Guy Julier.
- Title Variation
- Thames and Hudson dictionary of design since 1900
- Design since 1900
- Dictionary of design since 1900
- World of art
- Rev. ed. of: The Thames and Hudson encyclopaedia of 20th century design and designers. 1993.
- Related Work
- Julier, Guy Thames and Hudson encyclopaedia of 20th century design and designers.