Fairchild, The Fairchild chronicles [videorecording]
- Palo Alto, CA : Panalta, Inc., 2005.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (173 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Ask at Media Microtext desk
- Unknown ZDVD 9298
- Tells the story of the company that invented the integrated circuit, describing the events that spawned the first generation of Silicon Valley technology companies. It covers the period from Fairchild's founding in 1957 to the purchase of the company by National Semiconductor in 1986. Excerpted from over 40 hours of interviews recorded between 1995 and 2003 which are available online in the Stanford University archival project "Silicon Genesis."
- Supplemental links
- Publication date
- presented by Walker Research Associates in association with the Silicon Valley Archives, Stanford University Libraries ; directed by Rob Walker, produced by Rob Walker and Kevin Bomberry.
- Title Variation
- Fairchild chronicles
- Interviewees: Gil Amelio, Don Brooks, Wilf Corrigan, James Downey, Federico Faggin, Jack Gifford, Richard Hodgson, C. Lester Hogan, Jim Koford, Gordon Moore, John Nichols, Arthur Rock, W. Jerry Sanders III, Harry Sello, Charlie Sporck, Robert Ulrickson, Rob Walker.
- DVD (NTSC).