Chicano database [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Chicano Studies Library Publications, University of California, c1990-
- Physical description
- CD-ROMs ; 4 3/4 in.
- Portions of the database were published and sold separately as the Chicano periodical index; the Chicano index; Arte Chicano; the Chicano anthology index; and the Chicana studies index.
- Beginning with Version 3.5, the coverage of the Chicano database on CD-ROM expanded to includes bibliographic information on Puerto Ricans, Cuban Americans, and Central American refugees as well as persons of Mexican heritage. Citations begin in mid-1960s and index terms are from the Chicano thesarus and are built into the system.
- Mexican Americans > Periodicals > Indexes.
- Mexican American periodicals > Indexes.
- Hispanic Americans > Periodicals > Indexes.
- Mexican Americans > Indexes.
- Puerto Ricans > Indexes.
- Cuban Americans > Indexes.
- Central Americans > Indexes.
- Mexican American art > Indexes.
- Mexican American literature (Spanish) > Indexes.
- American literature > Mexican American authors > Indexes.
- Beginning date
- Semiannual, <July 1991->
- Former Publication Frequency
- Annual, <1990->
- Vol/date range
- Version 1 (1990)-
- Discs for <July 1991-> also contain the KAware2 retrieval system.
- Title from disc label.
- Also available on the Internet to subscribing institutions.
- System requirements: IBM-PC or equivalent with 640K RAM, MS-DOS or PC-DOS 3.1 or above; hard disk, and CD-ROM drive.
- Available online to Stanford-affiliated users.
- Related Work
- Goldman, Shifra M., 1926-2011. Arte Chicano.
- García-Ayvens, Francisco, 1948- Chiano anthology index.
- Chicano periodical index.
- Chicano index.
- Chicana studies index.
- Chicano index
- Key Title
- Chicano database