The potter's dictionary of materials and techniques
- Hamer, Frank.
- 5th ed.
- London : A&C Black ; Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, 2004.
- Physical description
- ix, 437 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
UPDATE - Library closed July 25 - Sept. 9.
The Library will be closed during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. Please check out Art materials prior to July 25.
TT919.5 .H35 2004
- Unavailable TT919.5 .H35 2004
- Hamer, Janet.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 420-421).
- Publisher's Summary
- The updated version of our comprehensive dictionary, covering all the terminology, materials and techniques for potters. It clearly and logically presents the potter with information on everything; the sources and character of materials, the behaviour of clays and glazes, forming methods and firing processes. This new edition covers recent developments, expands on previous subjects, and brings old entries up to date. New colour sections cover raku, maiolica, crystalline glazes, salt and soda, stoneware and porcelain, including graphs and diagrams where helpful. In short, the essential explanation of everything in the ceramic world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Frank and Janet Hamer.