The psychology of gender
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2004.
- Physical description
- x, 358 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Beall, Eagly, Sternberg, Introduction. Hines, Androgen, Oestrogen, and Gender: Contributions of the Early Hormone Environment to Gender-Related Behaviour. Hampson, Moffatt, The Psychobiology of Gender: Cognitive Effects of Reproductive Hormones in the Adult Nervous System. Kenrick, Trost, Sundie, Sex Roles as Adaptations: An Evolutionary Perspective on Gender Differences and Similarities. Bussey, Bandura, Social Cognitive Theory of Gender Development and Functioning. Pomerantz, Ng, Wang, Gender Socialization: A Parent x Child Model. Bell, Psychoanalytic Theories of Gender. Gardner, Gabriel, Gender Differences in Relational and Collective Interdependence: Implications for Self-Views, Social Behaviour, and Subjective Well-Being. Maracek, Crawford, Popp, On the Construction of Gender, Sex, and Sexualities. Ridgeway, Bourg, Gender as Status: An Expectations States Theory Approach. Pratto, Walker, The Bases of Gendered Power. Eagly, Wood, Johannesen-Schmidt, Social Role Theory of Sex Differences and Similarities: Implications for the Partner Preferences of Women and Men. Best, Thomas, Cultural Diversity and Cross-Cultural Perspectives. LaFrance, Paluck, Brescoll, Sex Changes: A Current Perspective on the Psychology of Gender.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Presenting important advances in the psychological study of gender differences and similarities across the lifespan, this edition features new contributors, additional topics, and many completely new chapters to provide a broad overview of current knowledge and bring the field thoroughly up to date.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- edited by Alice H. Eagly, Anne E. Beall, Robert J. Sternberg.