Comprehensive molecular insect science
- 1st ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2005.
- Physical description
- 7 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Library has: v.1-
QL495 .C737 2005 V.1
QL495 .C737 2005 V.2
QL495 .C737 2005 V.3
QL495 .C737 2005 V.4
QL495 .C737 2005 V.5
QL495 .C737 2005 V.6
QL495 .C737 2005 V.7
- Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Includes: Molecular Genetics of Insect Fertilization-- Sex Determination and the Development of the Genital Disc-- Dosage Compensation-- Fat-Cell Development-- The Juvenile Hormones-- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Pheromone Production-- Biochemistry of Digestion-- Insect Transposable Elements-- Amino Acid and Neurotransmitter Transporters-- Insect Growth-and Development-Disrupting Insecticides-- Azadirachtin, a Natural Product in Insect Control-- Genetically Modified Baculoviruses for Pest Insect Control-- Pheromones - Function and Use in Insect Control-- Scorpion Venoms-- Insect Transformation for Use in Control-- Spider Toxins and their Potential for Insect Control.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The important developments and achievements in modern insect science since the first edition have led to this new revised, expanded and retitled reference work. New chapters in this edition include the ecdysone receptor, lipocalins, bacterial toxins, etc. Each article may also be read independently, as a review of that particular subject. "Comprehensive Molecular Insect Science" also covers new technologies that have been developed since 1985. The Index Volume will help researchers to track specific subjects and particular species of insects cited in several volumes. The work is also available online via ScienceDirect featuring extensive browsing, searching, and internal cross-referencing between articles in the work, plus dynamic linking to journal articles and abstract databases, making navigation flexible and easy. It is the revised edition of critically acclaimed "Comprehensive Insect Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology" (1985, Pergamon Press, 13 Volume Set). It is written by a distinguished international group of contributors, and its well-organized format provides for concise, readable entries, easy searches, and thorough cross-references. It offers complete up-to-date coverage of many important topics - essential information for scientists, students, and professionals alike.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Lawrence I. Gilbert, Kostas Iatrou, Sarjeet S. Gill.
- Earlier edition published under title: Comprehensive insect physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology.
- Related Work
- Comprehensive insect physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology.