- Publication date:
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, c2004.
- 4 v. (xlvi, 1927 p.) : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
"A Sage reference publication."
"Appendix 1, Bibliography of significant books on leadership": v. 1, p. A1-A7. This bibliography is repeated in all 4 vols.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Vol.1 A-E
- v.2 F-L
- v.3 M-R
- v.4 T-Z
- Appendix 1: Bibliography of significant books on leadership
- Appendix 2: Directory of leadership programs
- Appendix 3: Presidential speeches on foreign policy and war. George Washington's Farewell Address, 17 September 1796
- Message of President James Monroe to Congress, 2 December 1823
- Abraham Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 4 March 1861
- Theodore Roosevelt's Annual Message to Congress, 6 December 1904
- Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Points Address, 8 January 1918
- Franklin D. Roosevelt's State of the Union Address, 6 January 1941
- Special Message to the Congress on Greece and Turkey by Harry S. Truman, 12 March 1947
- Dwight D. Eisenhower's Presidential Press Conference, 7 April 1954
- John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address, 20 January 1961 - "Peace Without Conquest, " an Address by Lyndon Johnson, 7 April 1965
- Richard M. Nixon's Second Inaugural Address, 20 January 1973
- Jimmy Carter's Speech on His Proposed Energy Policy, 18 April 1977
- Ronald Reagan's Remarks at the Annual Convention of the National Association of Evangelicals, 8 March 1983
- George Herbert Walker Bush's Address to a Joint Session of Congress, 11 September 1990
- William Jefferson Clinton's Address to the National Geographic Society, 11 June 1998
- George W. Bush's State of the Union Address, 29 January 2002
- Appendix 4: Primary sources : sacred texts.
- Publisher's Summary:
Brings together for the first time everything that is known and truly matters about leadership as part of the human experience. Includes hundreds of articles, written by 400 leading scholars and experts from 17 countries, exploring leadership theories and practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Goethals, George R.
Sorenson, Georgia Jones.
Burns, James MacGregor.