Forsberg, Krister, 1943-
- Publication date:
- 4th ed. - New York : J. Wiley, c2002.
- vii, 147 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 22 cm.
- Preface. Acknowledgments. SECTION I: INTRODUCTION. Rational for Selecting Chemical Protective Clothing. How to Use This Guide. SECTION II: SELECTION AND USE OF CHEMICAL PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. Introduction to Some Important Terms. Selection and Use of Protective Clothing. Twelve Important Considerations for the Selection and Use of Protective Clothing. SECTION III: CHEMICAL INDEX. Chemical Class Numbers. Chemical Names. Synonyms. Chemical Abstract Service Number: (CAS #). Risk Code. Chemical Warfare Agents. Special Notes. Chemical Index Listings. SECTION IV: SELECTION RECOMMENDATIONS. Barriers. Color Codes. Important Notes and Warnings. Selection Recommendation Tables. SECTION V: GLOSSARY. SECTION VI: STANDARDS FOR CHEMICAL PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. SECTION VII: MANUFACTURERS OF CHEMICAL PROTECTIVE CLOTHING.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary:
This Fourth Edition of the Quick Selection Guide to Chemical Protective Clothing has been revised significantly, including 100 new chemicals and approximately 1000 more selection recommendations compared to previous editions. The color-coded tables of recommendations containing 16 representative protective clothing materials have been updated by replacing two of the barriers. The best-selling pocket guide now includes 700 chemicals, additional synonyms, CAS numbers, risk codes and special notations to alert the user. A section on chemical warfare agents and selection recommendations of protective clothing against chemical warfare agents, have also been added in this edition. The Quick Selection Guide to Chemical Protective Clothing, Fourth Edition is an essential field guide for spill responders, safety engineers, industrial hygienists, chemists and chemical engineers, purchase agents, sales people, and workers in all industries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Mansdorf, S. Z. (Seymour Zack), 1947-