Alternative schools : a reference handbook
LC46.4 .C66 2002
- Unknown LC46.4 .C66 2002
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Who's who in alternative education
- Alternative learning options
- Curriculum methods, innovations, and alternative curricular programs
- Public alternative schools and alternative school programs
- Private and independent school options
- Organizing and administering alternative schools and programs
- Evaluating alternative schools and programs
- The future of public alternative education
- Directory of organizations, associations, and government agencies associated with alternative schools, alternative programs, and alternative education.
- Publisher's Summary
- Our schools, ourselves. Nothing stirs up debate like education. Contemporary Education Issues, a new series from ABC-CLIO, cuts through the rhetoric with comprehensive, accessible, and jargon-free titles on the state of the American education system. From special ed to the assessment debate, the series brings together the experts, the facts, the analyses, the answers. -- Overviews of the history and current state of the debate -- Chronology of events, legislation, and turning points, allowing users to track the development of educational ideas and practices -- Interviews with practitioners who are driving the changes in today's classrooms and working to meet the ever-growing expecttions of parents and the marketplace -- A directory of organizations and government agencies -- Annotated bibliography and guide to print and nonprint resources -- Glossary of key terms -- Index An examination of the growth and development of alternative schools in American society and their role in the public school environment. -- Detailed descriptions of alternative education models from schools without walls to school-within-a-school -- Insight into the continuing debate about public alternative education and public policy agendas that affect funding.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- Brenda Edgerton Conley.
- Contemporary education issues