Biomedical technology and devices handbook
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, c2004.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Mechanical engineering handbook series.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Basic Clinical Measurements. Imaging Techniques. Biological Assays. Surgery. Genetic and Tissue Engineering. Ambulatory Adaptations. Recovery. Alternative and Emerging Techniques.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Concise yet comprehensive, the "Biomedical Technology and Devices Handbook" illuminates the equipment, devices, and techniques used in modern medicine to diagnose, treat, and monitor human illnesses. With topics ranging from the basic procedures like blood pressure measurement to cutting-edge imaging equipment, biological tests, and genetic engineering, this book is organized to navigate smoothly from simple procedures and concepts to the more sophisticated and complex ones. Each section contains a description of the technique, its technical considerations, and its use according to its applications and relevant body systems. The book includes references to relevant Web sites, protocols, problems, and solutions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by James Moore, George Zouridakis.
- The mechanical engineering handbook series
- Also available to subscribers on the Internet via the World Wide Web.
- Available online to Stanford-affiliated users.