Handbook of industrial cell culture : mammalian, microbial, and plant cells
- Totowa, N.J. : Humana Press, c2003.
- Physical description
- x, 536 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
TP248.25 .C44 H36 2003
- Unknown TP248.25 .C44 H36 2003
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. Mammalian Cell Culture Analysis and Manipulation of Recombinant Glycoproteins Manufactured in Mammalian Cell Culture Nigel Jenkins Genetic Approaches to Recombinant Protein Production in Mammalian Cells Peter P. Mueller, Dagmar Wirth, Jacqueline Unsinger, and Hansjorg Hauser Protein Expression Using Transgenic Animals William H. Velander and Kevin E. van Cott Mammalian Cell Culture: Process Development Considerations Steven Rose, Thomas Black, and Divakar Ramakrishnan Part II. Microbial Cell Culture Natural Products: Discovery and Screening Matthew D. Hilton Genetic Engineering Solutions for Natural Products in Actinomycetes Richard H. Baltz Culture Medium Optimization and Scale-Up for Microbial Fermentations Neal C. Connors Part III. Plant Cell Culture Functional Genomics for Plant Trait Discovery Sam Reddy, Ignacio M. Larrinua, Max O. Ruegger, Vipula K. Shukla, and Yuejin Sun Molecular Tools for Engineering Plant Cells Donald J. Merlo Plant Cell Culture: A Critical Tool for Agricultural Biotechnology Joseph F. Petolino, Jean L. Roberts, and Ponsamuel Jayakumar Expression of Recombinant Proteins via the Plastid Genome Jeffrey M. Staub Oleosin Partitioning Technology for Production of Recombinant Proteins in Oil Seeds Maurice M. Moloney Part IV. Critical Tools for Biotechnology Genome Sequencing and Genomic Techniques in Drug Discovery and Development Lawrence M. Gelbert Proteomics Gerald W. Becker, Michael D. Knierman, Pavel Shiyanov, and John E. Hale Metabolic Flux Analysis, Modeling, and Engineering Solutions Walter M. van Gulik, Wouter A. van Winden, and Joseph J. Heijnen Advances in Analytical Chemistry for Biotechnology: Mass Spectrometry of Peptides, Proteins, and Glycoproteins Jeffrey S. Patrick DNA Shuffling for Whole Cell Engineering Steve del Cardayre and Keith Powell Cell Culture Preservation and Storage for Industrial Bioprocesses James R. Moldenhauer Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A diverse team of researchers, technologists, and engineers describe, in simple and practical language, the major current and evolving technologies for improving the biocatalytic capabilities of mammalian, microbial, and plant cells. The authors present state-of-the-art techniques, proven methods, and strategies for industrial screening, cultivation, and scale-up of these cells, and describe their biotech and industrial uses. Special emphasis is given to the solving critical issues encountered during the discovery of new drugs, process development, and the manufacture of new and existing compounds. Other topics include recombinant protein expression, bioinformatics, high throughput screening, analytical tools in biotechnology, DNA shuffling, and genomics discovery.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Victor Vinci and Sarad R. Parekh.