Memory from A to Z : keywords, concepts, and beyond
- Dudai, Yadin.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Physical description
- vi, 331 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
QP406 .D843 2002
- Unknown QP406 .D843 2002
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 253-319) and index.
- Acquisition-- Amnesia-- Capacity-- Coincidence detect-- Collective memory-- Confabulation-- Consolidation-- Cue-- Engram-- Enigma-- Episodic memory-- Experimental extinction-- Flashbulb memory-- Learning set-- Map-- Metamemory-- Neurogenetics-- Observational Learning-- Palimpsest-- Persistence-- Priming-- Reduction-- Reinforcer-- State-dependent learning-- Surprise-- Working memory.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is an innovative, readable and engaging companion to the language of memory research. It consists of over 130t entries, bound within a coherent conceptual framework. Each entry starts with a definition, or a set of definitions, er followed by in-depth and provocative discussion of the origin, meaning, usage and applicability of ideas andand problems central to the neuroscience of memory ando scientific culture at large. The entries, linked by webs of associations, can be read and enjoyed, and provide ave versatile tool kit: a source for definitions, information and further reading; a trigger for contemplation, discussion and experimentation; and an aid to study, teaching andween debate in classes and seminars. The text is supported by an extensive reference listing and there is a comprehensivee subject index, incorporating a much wider range of terms relevant to the field. Memory from A to Z provides a unique, highly valuable introduction to the field of memory for students andthe researchers approaching the subject for the first time, g the while at the same time serving and stimulating the moreing experienced. g the morey, experienced. Yadin Dudai combines the ability to write withdai authority, with the skill of being able to do so in a unique readable style; the result is a book capable of informing, e; educating, and enthusing the reader.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Yadin Dudai.