Catalogue of English post-conquest vernacular documents
- Pelteret, David Anthony Edgell, 1944-
- Woodbridge [England] ; Wolfeboro, N.H., USA : Boydell Press, 1990.
- Physical description
- ix, 137 p. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -33) and indexes.
- Part 1 Manuscripts, seals and printed sources. Part 2 Tests: royal charters - William I, William I or William II, William II, Henry I, Stephen, Henry II-- documents issued by the laity-- alleged papal document-- episcopal documents-- documents issued by other ecclesiastics-- wills-- miscellaneous - Bath, Bodmin, Canterbury, Exeter, Lambourn, Northamptonshire, Shaftesbury, Taunton, William I, Worcester, York.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This catalogue records all documents written wholly or partly in English between the Norman Conquest and the end of the reign of Henry II. It aims at listing all manuscript copies, facsimiles, editions and translations and also provides an extensive number of references to secondary literature. The book should be of interest to historians, students of the English language, diplomatists and all those who wish to learn more about the transformation of the Anglo-Saxon state into Anglo-Norman England.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- English language > Middle English, 1100-1500 > Texts > Manuscripts > Union lists.
- Manuscripts, English (Middle) > Union lists.
- Union catalogs > Great Britain.
- Great Britain > History > Norman period, 1066-1154 > Sources > Manuscripts > Union lists.
- Great Britain > History > Henry II, 1154-1189 > Sources > Manuscripts > Union lists.
- Publication date
- David A.E. Pelteret.