Environmental politics : interest groups, the media, and the making of policy
- Miller, Norman, 1939-
- Boca Raton : Lewis Publishers, c2002.
- Physical description
- xvii, 174 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -162) and index.
- LEGISLATIVE DOCUMENTS Discussion H.R. 3377: The Genetically Engineered Food Right-to-Know Act, S. 2080 The Genetically Engineered Food Right-to-know Act Congressional Record May 26, 1999 (Edited) H.R. 3883: Genetically Engineered Food Safety Act REGULATION DOCUMENTS Discussion New Crops, New Century, New Challenges: How Will Scientists, Farmers, and Consumers Learn to Love Biotechnology and What Happens if they Don't, Dan Glickman, Secretary of Agriculture Are Bioengineered Foods Safe? (FDA) Healthy Harvests: Growth Through Biotechnology, US Department of State FDA to Strengthen Pre-Market Review of Bioengineered Foods, US Department of Health and Human Services Plant Biotechnology Regulation: Science-Based and Consumer Accessible from Plow to Plate, American Crop Protection Association The Food and Drug Administration's New Proposal on Genetically Engineered Foods: First Draft Analysis, The Center for Food Safety The ABC's of GE Food, Environmental Research Foundation The Labeling Logic, Charles Margulis, Greenpeace Thumbs Down of FDA Rules for Biotech Food-Proposed Regulation Unnecessary, Harmful, Competitive Enterprise Institute GMA Comments of USDA/GIPSA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (Testimony of Mary C. Sophos) Agricultural Biotechnology-Domestic Regulation, American Farm Bureau MEDIA DOCUMENTS Discussion Frankenstein Foods?, Kenneth Klee, Newsweek The Politics of Food, Maria Margaronis, The Nation Food Fight Comes to America, John Stauber, The Nation Food Risks and Labeling Controversies, Regulation, Volume 23, No. 1 SCIENCE DOCUMENTS Discussion US Regulatory System Needs Adjustment as Volume and Mix of Transgenic Plants Increase in Marketplace, National Academy of Sciences Opening Statement Press Conference on Genetically Modified Pest-Protected Plants: Science and Regulation, National Academy of Sciences Biotech Detractors Distort Science to Support their Views, American Council on Science and Health Editorial Killer Corn, Jan Rissler, Nucleus If You're Not Concerned about GM Foods, You Will Be after You Read This: What the Academy of Science Says about Genetically Engineered Crops, Rachel's Weekly Montague vs. Scott: Face Off on Genetically Modified Foods, TomPaine.com Risk and Precaution in Agricultural Biotechnology: A Role for Science and Scientists, Katherine Barrett ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY DOCUMENTS Discussion Biotech in Trouble, Part 1, Rachel's Weekly Biotech in Trouble, Part 2, Rachel's Weekly The X Fields, Greenpeace Quarterly Genetically Engineered Foods: Who's Minding the Store, Environmental Defense Portrait of an Industry in Trouble, Worldwatch news Brief The Next Endangered Species?, The Campaign's Take Action Packet Genetic Engineering at a Historic Crossroads: The Sierra Club Biotechnology Task Force Report Eating in the Dark, TomPaine.com The Genetically Engineered Food Fight, News on Earth BUSINESS DOCUMENTS Discussion Food Labeling: The Problems of Mandated Information for Biotechnology, Consumer Alert Billions Served. Reason Magazine Online The New Monsanto Pledge 21st Century Luddites?, Washington Legal Foundation INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTS Discussion Cartegena Protocol on Biosafety to the Convention on Biological Diversity Council Regulation (EC) No. 1139/98 The Council of the European Union WEB SITES Issues.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Environmental Politics Casebook: Genetically Modified Foods includes testimony, journal and newspaper articles, book chapters, and interest group communications such as press releases and on-line briefs, as well as other studies and reports that constitute the principal elements of the public debate on the genetic modification of food. A companion to Environmental Politics: Interest Groups, the Media, and the Making of Policy, it provides the substantive, detailed, case-in-point application for practices and principles previously discussed only in theory, keeping the basic text compact and current.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Norman Miller.