The encyclopedia of science fiction movies
- Henderson, C. J.
- New York : Facts on File, c2001.
- Physical description
- xii, 516 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 499-500) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This work provides an A-Z historical review of science fiction in the cinema from the earliest experiments in silent film in the 1890s to the most recent blockbusters. Each of the 1300 entries includes the film's vital statistics - title, year released, director, screenwriter, cast, studio, and running time - along with a summary of the film and a critique. Select entries contain additional information, such as anecdotes on the making of the film provided by the cast and crew. It includes a list of science fiction films that have been nominated for an Academy Award - including those that have won the coveted Oscar. The reference also contains an interview with Frank Herbert, author of Dune, regarding the film adaptation of his landmark novel.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- C.J. Henderson ; foreword by William Shatner.