Moby Dick [videorecording]
- Uniform Title
- Moby Dick (Television program)
- [Los Angeles] : Hallmark Entertainment ; [S.l.] : USA Network, [1999?].
- Physical description
- 1 videocassette (ca. 120 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Sailor Ishmael tells the story of Captain Ahab, who sails on a vengeful quest to slay the legendary white whale known as Moby Dick.
- Supplemental links
- Publication date
- USA Pictures presents a Whale/Nine Network Australia production ; a United Kingdom/Australian co-production ; producers, Franc Roddam, Kris Noble ; produced by Steve McGlothen ; teleplay by Anton Diether, Franc Roddam ; directed by Franc Roddam.
- Title Variation
- At head of title on cassette: For your Emmy consideration
- Based on the novel by Herman Melville.
- Originally broadcast on the Hallmark Hall of Fame in 1998.
- Production Credits
- Executive producers, Robert Halmi, Sr., Francis Ford Coppola, Fred Fuchs.
- Patrick Stewart, Henry Thomas, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Norman Golden II, Ted Levine, Gregory Peck.
- VHS format.
- Golden Globes, 1999: Best performance by an actor in a supporting role in a series, mini-series or motion picture.
- Australian Cinematogers Society, 1999: Award of distinction.
- Related Work
- Melville, Herman, 1819-1891. Moby Dick.
- Hallmark hall of fame.