Seeing differently : insights on innovation
- Boston, MA : Harvard Business School Press, c1997.
- Physical description
- xxviii, 245 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Harvard business review book series.
- Brown, John Seely.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Rethinking innovation in a changing world / John Seely Brown
- pt. 1. Perspectives on the changing business context: Increasing returns and the new world of business / W. Brian Arthur. Strategy as revolution / Gary Hamel. How architecture wins technology wars / Charles R. Morris and Charles H. Ferguson
- pt. 2. New tools, new rules: The right game: use game theory to shape strategy / Adam M. Brandenburger and Barry J. Nalebuff. The options approach to capital investment / Avinash K. Dixit and Robert S. Pindyck. When is virtual virtuous? organizing for innovation / Henry W. Chesbrough and David J. Teece
- pt. 3. New lenses for competitive advantage: Disruptive technologies: catching the wave / Joseph L. Bower and Clayton M. Christensen. Breaking compromises, breakaway growth / George Stalk, Jr., David K. Pecaut, and Benjamin Burnett. Competing on resources: strategy in the 1990s / David J. Collis and Cynthia A. Montgomery
- pt. 4. Managing innovation: Tough-minded ways to get innovative / Andrall E. Pearson. Managing innovation in the information age / Rebecca Henderson. Research that reinvents the corporation / John Seely Brown.
- Publisher's Summary
- John Seely Brown, director of the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, is the editor of this collection of "Harvard Business Reviews" articles on how innovation occurs differently in today's organizational structures, with new technological tools and new global perspectives. This collection has a broad reach, from relatively technical articles to wide-ranging pieces on strategy, which provides a unique, eclectic, and integrated perspective on innovation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited with an introduction by John Seely Brown.
- A Harvard business review book