Fernando Fernández music collection, circa 1940-1970
- Fernández, Fernando, 1916-1999.
- Physical description
- 3 linear feet
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
- In-library use M1165
M1165 BOX 1
M1165 BOX 2
M1165 BOX 3
M1165 FLAT BOX 6
M1165 OS BOX 4
M1165 OS BOX 5
- In-library use M1165 BOX 1
- Primarily popular sheet music, often either in manuscript or with annotations. Also includes some business files.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2000.
- Mexican composer born in the city of Puebla in 1916. In 1933 he started as a singer in radio XEH of Monterrey. While in Mexico City in 1936 he acted for the XEW with the name of "Lolito, un chico travieso" (Lolito, a mischievious boy), in company of the pianist Paco Trevino. In 1946 he started in films, with leading roles in ESCUADRON 201, ENAMORADA, RIO ESCONDIDO, UN DIA DE VIDA, and CALLEJERA. He married the singer Lupita Palomera in 1941. He wrote the lyrics for the songs, "Muchachita, " "Aunque tu no me quieras, " "Amada mia, " "Arrabalera, " and many others.
- Finding Aid
- Preliminary listing available in the department.