CRC handbook of laboratory safety
- Furr, A. Keith, 1932-
- 5th ed.
- Boca Raton, Fla. : CRC Press, c2000.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 774 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Safety Collection (non-circulating)
QD51 .C73 2000
- In-library use QD51 .C73 2000
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- INTRODUCTION Laboratory Safety as a Cooperative Responsibility EMERGENCIES Components of Emergency Preparedness Institutional or Corporate Emergency Committee Emergency Plan Emergency Procedures for Selected Emergencies Artificial Respiration, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and First Aid LABORATORY FACILITIES - DESIGN AND EQUIPMENT Laboratory Design Fixed Equipment and Furniture Chemical Storage Rooms Movable Equipment Animal Laboratories - Special Requirements LABORATORY OPERATIONS General Considerations OSHA Laboratory Safety Standard Operational Planning Purchasing of Animals Storage Handling and Use of Chemicals: Laboratory Operations Hazard Awareness (Right-to-Know) Health Effects Spills and Emergencies Chemical Wastes Laboratory Closeout Procedures NONCHEMICAL LABORATORIES Introduction Radioisotope Laboratories X-Ray Facilities Nonionizing Radiation Laser Laboratories Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories Recombinant DNA Laboratories Research Animal Care and Handling PERSONAL AND PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT Introduction Respiratory Protection Eye Protection Materials for Protective Apparel Hearing Protection First Aid Kits Other Personal Protective Equipment Appendix: Laboratory Checklist INDEX.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Expanded and updated, "The CRC Handbook of Laboratory Safety, Fifth Edition" provides information on planning and building a facility, developing an organization infrastructure, planning for emergencies and contingencies, choosing the correct equipment, developing operational plans, and meeting regulatory requirements. Still the essential reference tool, the new edition helps you organize your safety efforts to adhere to the latest regulations and use the newest technology.Thoroughly revised, the "CRC Handbook of Laboratory Safety, Fifth Edition" includes new OSHA laboratory safety standards, the 1994 NRC radiation safety standards, guidelines for X-ray use in hospitals, enforcement of standards for dealing with blood-borne pathogens, OSHA actions covering hazardous waste operations and emergency response, and the latest CDC guidelines for research with microbial hazards. Every word on every page has been scrutinized, and literally hundreds of changes have been made to bring the material up to date. See what's new in the new edition: new figures and tables illustrating the new material; Internet references in addition to journal articles; changes in the Clean Air Act regarding incineration of hospital, medical, and infectious waste; obsolete articles removed and replaced - over one hundred pages of new material; and, new information on respiratory protection guidelines.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- A. Keith Furr.
- Title Variation
- Handbook of laboratory safety