The golden age of Chinese archaeology : celebrated discoveries from the People's Republic of China
- Washington, D.C. : National Gallery of Art, c1999.
- Physical description
- 584 p. : ill. (some col.), map ; 31 cm.
UPDATE - Library closed July 25 - Sept. 9.
The Library will be closed during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. Please check out Art materials prior to July 25.
DS715 .G65 1999 F
- Unknown DS715 .G65 1999 F
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 574-579) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- A celebration of archaeological findings in China, covering the period from 5000 BC to the 10th century AD. It presents more than 200 masterpieces in jade, stone, ivory, bone, pottery, bronze, lacquer, bamboo, silver and gold, with a history of Chinese archaeology and cultures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Xiaoneng Yang.
- Title Variation
- Chinese archaeology
- Catalog of an exhibition at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, Sept. 19, 1999-Jan. 2, 2000; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Feb. 13-May 7, 2000; and the Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, June 17-Sept. 11, 2000.