Encyclopedia of historians and historical writing
- London ; Chicago : Fitzroy Dearborn, 1999.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xlix, 1562 p.) ; 29 cm.
- Boyd, Kelly.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- v. 1. A-L
- v. 2. M-Z.
- Publisher's Summary
- More than 300 international contributors have composed critical assessments of historians, including individuals from related disciplines such as Jnrgen Habermas and Clifford Geertz, whose theoretical contributions have informed historical debate. The Encyclopedia of Historians and Historical Writing contains over 800 entries ranging from Lord Acton and Anna Komnene to Howard Zinn and from Herodotus to Simon Schama. It also provides some 200 essays treating the development of national, regional and topical historiographies, from the Ancient Near East to the history of sexuality. In addition to the western tradition, the Encyclopedia includes substantial assessments of African, Asian and Latin American historians and debates on gender and subaltern studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editor, Kelly Boyd.
- Title Variation
- Historians and historical writing
- Encyclopedia of historians & historical writing