- 2nd ed., rev. and expanded.
- New York : Marcel Dekker, Inc., c1999.
- Physical description
- xv, 606 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
QP601.7 .B56 1999
- Unknown QP601.7 .B56 1999
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to bioinorganic chemistry-- introduction to homogeneous catalysis-- relationships between enzymatic and heterogeneous catalysis-- Lewis acid properties of zinc and its development to phosphotriester detoxifying agents-- vanadiumhaloperoxidases-- molybdenum and tungsten enzymes-- catalysis by nitrogenases and synthetic analogues-- biological iron-sulfur clusters with catalytic activity-- catalysis by nickel in biological systems-- oxygen activation at Nonheme iron centres-- dioxygenactivation at Heme centres in enzymes and synthetic analogues-- biological and biomimetric catalysis of manganese redox enzymes and their inorganic models-- the two B12 cofactors - influence of the trans nitrogen ligand on homolytic and heterolyticprocesses-- formation, structure, and reactivity of copper dioxygen complexes-- multielectron transfer and catalytic mechanisms in oxidative polymerization-- metalloenzymes with a quinone cofactor-- future developments.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Provides the latest research results and suggests new topics for interdisciplinary study of metal ions, catalysis, and biochemical systems. Second Edition highlights potential applications; includes new chapters on zinc and FeS clusters; presents new X-ray analysis of metalloenzymes; and more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Jan Reedijk, Elisabeth Bouwman.