Stanford University, Board of Athletic Control, records, 1916-1954
- Corporate Author
- Stanford University. Board of Athletic Control.
- Physical description
- 1.5 linear ft.
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
SC0506 ACCN 2014-061 HALF BOX 1
SC0506 BOX 4
SC0506 FLAT BOX 2
SC0506 FLAT BOX 3
SC0506 HALF BOX 1
- In-library use SC0506 ACCN 2014-061 HALF BOX 1
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available on line
Finding aid available online
- The records of the Board of Athletic Control consist of minutebooks for 1916 through 1943, and bylaws, contracts, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other miscellaneous records, 1919 through 1954. Contracts include those with the University of California at Berkeley regarding football games, 1920-22, and one among Stanford, Berkeley, and the University of Southern California regarding standards, 1923. Also of note is a report by W.B. Wing, 1921, on the farming and sheep herding operations of the Board (on campus lands) to produce income for athletic events, much of which was overseen by Sam McDonald.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- The nine member board, established in 1916, consisted of students, faculty and alumni representatives which had general control and supervision of competitive and non-competitive athletics and physical training at Stanford until 1945.
- Finding Aid
- Unpublished guide available.
- Administrative transfer, 1965.