Records of the department include staff meeting minutes, newsletters, correspondence, materials relating to medical research projects of the faculty, and records of the operation of the Women's Student Health Service. Also includes course materials, correspondence, reports, memoranda, photographs, and miscellaneous materials pertaining to the department and photographs and records of two dance clubs - the Stanford Hoedowners and the Stanford Folk Dancers. Of note are completed survey forms on the recreational needs of women college students, 1948, from Mills College, Stanford, University of New Mexico, and University of Wyoming, with related correspondence and notes.
In 1975, the Women's Physical Education Department joined the Men's P.E. Department to become the Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation.
Administrative transfers, Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation, 1975, 1982; gift, Luell Guthrie, 1982.