Jewish life in the San Francisco Bay Area, 1981-2010
- Physical description
- 6.5 linear feet (11 manuscript boxes, 1 print box, 1 oversize map folder)
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
- In-library use M0939
M0939 ACCN 2009-136 BOX 10
M0939 ACCN 2010-128 BOX 11
M0939 BOX 8
M0939 CARTON 1
M0939 CARTON 2
M0939 CARTON 3
M0939 CARTON 4
M0939 CARTON 5
M0939 CARTON 6
M0939 CARTON 7
M0939 FLAT BOX 9
- In-library use M0939 ACCN 2009-136 BOX 10
- The collection documents non-traditional Jewish life in the Bay Area, especially newsletters and announcements from various organizations. There are also liturgical creations around life-cycle events. For example, there are AIDS memorial ceremonies, adult bar-mitzvot, gay and lesbian ceremonies and celebrations. There are also three folders from Susie Kisber who collected gay and lesbian material from a wider geographical sphere. Some related material is cataloged separately and may be found by searching subject words "Jewish life in the San Francisco Bay Area."
- Anderson, Joseph. Prayerbook Hebrew teacher's guide.
- Bendor, Joshua Dov Rothenberg.
- Bruch, Sara.
- Cohen, Jonathan Weiss.
- Grodsky, Robert J.
- Kalis, Batya.
- Kisber, Susie.
- Linzer, Judith.
- Postman, Frederica. The Yiddish alphabet book.
- Rivkind Raleigh, Marsha F.
- Mikor-Mayyim, Siddur. The Source of Life.
- Robertson, Kate.
- Sutton, Eve.
- Wexler-Beron, Edward Zimran.
- Winograd, Carol.
- Winograd, Terry.
- Winograd Hunter, Avra Shulamit.
- Winograd Hunter, Shoshana Rachel.
- Winograd-Hunter family.
- Addison Penzak Jewish Community Center (Los Gatos, CA)
- Aleph: Alliance for Jewish Renewal (Philadelphia, PA)
- The Aquarian Minyan (Berkeley, CA)
- Bay Area Holocaust Oral History Project.
- Bay Area Israeli Political Affairs Committee.
- Bay Area Jewish Healing Center (San Francisco, CA)
- Berkeley Richmond Jewish Community Center
- Bernard Osher Marin Jewish Community Center
- Beyt Tikkun.
- Bureau of Jewish Education.
- Camp Tawonga (Tuolumne County, CA)
- Chabad of the Greater South Bay (Palo Alto, CA)
- Chochmat HaLev Community (Berkeley, CA)
- China Judaic Studies Association.
- Congregation Am Echad (San Jose, CA)
- Congregation Beth Am (Los Altos Hills, CA)
- Congregation Beth Israel (San Diego, CA)
- Congregation Beth Sholom.
- Congregation Etz Chayim.
- Congregation Kol Emeth (Palo Alto, CA)
- Congregation Ner Tamid (San Francisco, CA)
- Congregation Sherith Israel.
- Consulate General of Israel (San Francisco, CA)
- Contemporary Jewish Museum (San Francisco, CA)
- The Dryan Family Mikvah (Palo Alto, CA)
- Gather the People (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Hillel Foundation (San Francisco, CA)
- Hillel Foundation (Stanford University, CA)
- Holocaust Center of Northern California.
- Homestead Chiropractic (Cupertino, CA)
- Jewish Coalition for Literacy.
- Jewish Community Center (San Francisco, CA)
- Jewish Community Center (East Bay, CA)
- Jewish Community Federation.
- Jewish Community Library (San Francisco, CA)
- Jewish family and children's services.
- Jewish Music Festival (Berkeley, CA)
- Jewish Theatre (San Francisco, CA)
- Judah L. Magnus Museum (Berkeley, CA)
- Karaite Jews of America.
- New Bridges to Jewish Community.
- The Steven Kaufman AIDS Outreach Project.
- Keddem Congregation (Palo Alto, CA)
- Kehillah Community Synogogue.
- Kehillah Jewish High School (San Jose, CA)
- The Lehrhaus Judaica.
- Living Tree Community (Berkeley, CA)
- Mid-peninsula Jewish Community Day School (Palo Alto, CA)
- New Israel Fund.
- Nishmat Shalom.
- Oshman Family Jewish Community Center (Palo Alto, CA)
- Palo Alto Egalitarian Minyan.
- Palo Alto Orthodox Minyan.
- Peninsula Academy of Jewish Education.
- Peninsula Midrasha.
- Ruach Ha Aretz (Soquel, CA)
- San Francisco Jewish Bookfest.
- San Francisco Jewish Film Festival.
- San Jose Jewish Film Festival (San Jose, CA)
- Albert L. Schultz Jewish Community Center (Palo Alto, CA)
- Silicon Valley Jewish Film Festival.
- Society for Humanistic Judaism.
- South Peninsula Jewish Press.
- Stanford University. Program in Jewish Studies.
- Taube Koret campus for Jewish Life (Palo Alto, CA)
- Tawonga Jewish Community Corporation.
- Torat Chayim.
- United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
- The Willow Glen Kosher Market (San Jose, CA)
- The Workmen's Circle. Maurice Savin Branch 1054.
- Gay liberation movement > Jews.
- Jewish literature.
- Jewish life in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Material is arranged alphabetically by main entry, except for the two most recent accessions which include similar material from 2008-2010.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Transferred from various sources, 1996-2010.
- Material collected by Roger S. Kohn and Zachary M. Baker, both Stanford University Library curators, from local synagogues, individuals, organizations, and businesses.
- Included Work
- ha-Bayit ha-Yisra'eli
- J.A.C.O.B.'s Letter; the Jewish Quarterly for the Arts for San Francisco and the Bay Area.
- Jewish art in the Bay Area.
- Jewish Bulletin of Northern California.
- The Jewish Women's Newsletter.
- Mendocino Megillah.
- Mosaic, the Stanford Jewish Magazine.
- Santa Cruz Jewish Community Calendar.
- Schmooz Magazine.
- Yachatz: The Newsletter of Afikomen.