Analysis of Aristotle's ethics, ca. 1600
- Physical description
- 1 v. (212 leaves).
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
Manuscript Collection: request at Special Collections service desk
MSS CODEX M0530
- In-library use MSS CODEX M0530
- Ramus, Petrus, 1515-1572.
- A list of the virtues and vices named by Aristotle, an outline of the chapters of ETHICS, a section of questions concerning the work.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- A humanist systematization of Aristotle's ETHICS, seemingly relfecting the teachings of the French humanist Petrus Ramus (Pierre de la Ramée, 1515-1572) who opposed Aristotle's system of logic but agreed with his system of ethics. Probably written in Paris.
- Purchased, 1987. Phillipps ms 9545.