Postilla super librum Psalmorum
- Nicholas, of Lyra, approximately 1270-1349
- Latin. In Latin, Gothic book hand.
- [Germany, later 15th cent.]
- Physical description
- 1 v. (179 leaves); 32 cm.
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
Manuscript Collection: request at Special Collections service desk
MSS CODEX M0413 FF BB
- In-library use MSS CODEX M0413 FF BB
- Commentary on the psalms.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- The book is bound with alum-tawed leather-covered boards (with a parchment label) containing several lines of 10th century Carolingian miniscule. The original iron clamp, ring, and three-link chain are attached to the back cover.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- French Franciscan friar, Theologian, and professor at the Sorbonne. The colophon on the last page of this manuscript assigns the original date for the work as 1326. The scriptural commentaries of Nicholas became the authoritative interpretation of the Bible throughout Europe.
- Gift, 1978.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #3875.