Piacenza (Italy) : notarial record book, 1498-1565
- Latin. In Latin, notarial script.
- Physical description
- 1 item (16 leaves), 17 cm.
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
Manuscript Collection: request at Special Collections service desk
- In-library use MISC 128
- Columbus, Christopher.
- Records of notarial activity in Piacenza.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Entries in two hands: notaries Bernardo Ronzoni and Nicola A. Salvagio. The fourth entry refers to Gallinus de Colombo, son of Bartolomei, who states that he has received money from G. A. Pissarono for the rent of a house in Piacenza. Proximity to the place of origin of Christopher Columbus indicates a possibility of Gallinus being a relation.
- Purchased, 1977.