Visitation of the monastery of Lavega, Spain, 1491
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church. Pope (1484-1492 : Innocent VIII)
- Latin. In Latin, with title in Spanish on verso.
- Physical description
- 1 item (77 lines): vellum; 35 cm. folded to 14 x 34 cm.
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
Manuscript Collection: request at Special Collections service desk
- In-library use MISC 080
- Pertains to the visitation and reformation of this monastery made at the request of Catholic Majesties Don Hernando (Ferdinand V) and Doña Isabel (Isabella I) and with the authorizations of Pope Innocenzo VIII and the Cistercian Order. The official visit was carried out by Abbot Peter of Clairvaux. The manuscript describes the observance of the divine offices and liturgical procedures. The signatures and seals are not present.
- Ferdinand V, King of Spain, 1452-1516.
- Innocent VIII, Pope, 1432-1492.
- Isabella I, Queen of Spain, 1451-1504.
- Peter, Abbot of Clairvaux.
- Cistercians > History.
- Visitations, Ecclesiastical.
- Clairvaux (Abbey) > History.
- France > History > Charles VIII, 1483-1498.
- Lavega (Spain)
- Spain > History > Ferdinand and Isabella, 1479-1516.
- 15th century CHR > France.
- 15th century CHR > Spain.
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > France > 15th century.
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > Spain > 15th century.
- Publication date
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Purchased, 1980.