Letter, 1507 June 25, Florence
- Adriani, Marcello Virgilio.
- Italian. In Italian, Italic hand.
- Physical description
- 1 item (2 leaves); 29 cm.
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
Manuscript Collection: request at Special Collections service desk
- In-library use MISC 076
- Written on behalf of the Florentine Republic, this letter instructs Vettori to travel to Germany where he is to gain an audience with Emperor Maximilian and attempt to learn the intents of the Emperor vis à vis Rome.
- Publication date
- to Francesco Vettori.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- The recipient of this letter, Francesco Vettori (1485-1528), a humanist, was the intimate friend of Machiavelli.
- Purchased, 1978.