- Beginning date:
- Ending date:
- London, Taylor & Francis.
- v. ill. 22-26 cm.
- Former Title:
Philosophical magazine 1798-1813
Philosophical magazine and journal 1814-26
Philosophical magazine; or, Annals of chemistry, mathematics, astronomy, natural history and general science 1827-32
London and Edinburgh philosophical magazine and journal of science 1832-40
London, Edinburgh and Dublin philosophical magazine and journal of science 1840-1944
- Vol/date range:
v. 1-68, June 1798-Dec.1826; new ser., v. 1-11, Jan.1827-June 1832; 3 ̀ser., v. 1-37, July 1832-Dec.1850; 4th ser., v. 1-50, Jan.1851-Dec.75; 5th ser., v. 1-50, Jan.1876-Dec.1900; 6th ser., v. 1-50, Jan.1901-Dec.1925; 7th ser., v. 1-46, 1926-56; 8th ser., v. 1-v. 36; 1956-1977
Other slight variations in title.
"Europhysics journal" (varies slightly), -1977.
Vols. for 1976-77 have no series designation but constitute part of 8th ser.
Supplements accompany some numbers.
Stanford copy 2 (BARCH): vol. 26, no. 156 (Dec. 1913): Provenance: Herbert McLean Evans (bookplate). Vol. 26, nos. 156 and 160 in cases.
- Journal of natural philosophy 1814
- Annals of philosophy 1827
- Edinburgh journal of science 1832
- Split into:
- Philosophical magazine. A, Physics of condensed matter, defects and mechanical properties 1978
- Split into:
- Philosophical magazine. B, Physics of condensed matter, electronic, optical, and magnetic properties 1978