The new encyclopedia of the American West
- New Haven, Conn. : Yale University Press, c1998.
- Physical description
- xv, 1324 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Lamar, Howard Roberts.
- Publisher's Summary
- This encyclopedia is a source of information on the many American Wests - real and imaginary, old and new, stretching from coast to coast and throughout the country's history and culture. It consists of more than 2400 entries in alphabetical order, along with over 600 illustrations and maps.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Howard R. Lamar.
- Rev. ed. of: The Reader's encyclopedia of the American West. 1st ed. c1977.
- Includes index.
- Related Work
- Reader's encyclopedia of the American West.