Health & safety sciences abstracts [electronic resource].
- [S.l.] : Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, [199-]-
- Provides a survey of recent work relating to public health, safety, and industrial hygiene. Cited studies are geared to help individuals identify, evaluate, and eliminate or control risks and hazards across the spectrum of environmental and occupational situations. The database provides perspectives on topics of widespread concern such as aviation and aerospace safety, environmental safety, nuclear safety, medical safety occupational safety, and ergonomics. Health and safety related aspects of pollution, waste disposal, radiation, pesticides, epidemics, and other phenomena having the potential to threaten the public, the environment, or the workplace itself are indexed here. The database indexes government reports as well as journal articles, conference proceedings, books, and other publications.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Health and safety sciences abstracts
- File Characteristics
- Computer data.
- Coverage: 1974-; updated quarterly.
- Title from alphabetical list of IDS databases (viewed Nov. 12, 1997).
- Available to subscribers.
- Also available in paper form.
- Mode of access: Available over the Internet via the World Wide Web.
- Published in association with the University of Southern California's Institute of Safety and Systems Management
- Available online to Stanford-affiliated users through the Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management Databases.
- Related Work
- Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management Databases.