Die Kreuzritterbibel = The Morgan Crusader Bible = Le Bible des Crusades
- Latin, Persian, Judeo-Persian. Commentary in German, French, and English.
- Luzern : Faksimile Verlag Luzern, 1998-1999.
- Physical description
-  leaves (i.e. [92 p.]) : col. ill. ; 41 cm. + 1 commentary v.  p. : ill., facsims., ports. ; 30 cm.)
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
Rare Books Collection (non-circulating)
- Library has: 1 v.
- Library has: Supplement: Commentary
ND3355.5 .K73 K738 1998 F
- Includes bibliographical references.
- [1.] Facsimile
- [2.] Die Kreuzitterbibel : Kommentar / Daniel H. Weiss ... [et al.].
- Pierpont Morgan Library. Manuscript. M.638.
- Bibliothèque nationale de France. Manuscript. Nouv. acq. fr. 2294.
- Bible > Picture Bibles.
- Bible. Old Testament > Illustrations.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, French.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) > New York (State) > New York > Facsimiles.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Title Variation
- Crusader Bible
- Morgan Crusader Bible
- Bible des Crusades
- Title from colophon of facsimile.
- Facsimile reproduction of 46 leaves of an incomplete manuscript of Old Testament illustrations, possibly commissioned by Louis IX of France and produced in Paris ca. 1250. The original is preserved in the Morgan Library under the shelfmark M.638. Two leaves originally belonging to the ms. are in the Bibliothèque nationale de France (Ms. nouv. acq. fr. 2294); another is in the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles (83.MA.55).
- Ms. includes Latin texts accompanying the illuminations; in the 17th century ms. came into the possesion of Shah Abbas the Great, King of Persia, and Persian explanations were inscribed in the margins; a later owner added commentary in Judeo-Persian.
- Facsimile in acrylic case, as issued.
- Commentary volume in slipcase, as issued.
- Folded sheet in pocket of lower pastedown.
- " ... limited to 980 copies worldwide and numbered in Arabic numerals. 80 copies are not destined for sale have been reserved for documentation and archive purposes, and are numbered in Roman numerals ... Photography: David Loggie ... Production and printing of photolitographs ... at Print & Art ... reproductions of miniatures ... by Heinz Deuschle. ... hand-stitched ... by Burckhardt bookbinders ..."--Colophon of facsimile.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #2341.
- Stanford Copy 1 (RBC): No. 275. Laid in: full scale colored prospectus; off-print of Daniel Weiss' text (p. 7-) in commentary volume) plus Verzeichnis der alttestamentarischen Szenen, (1 booklet, 40 p., 30 cm.) and off-print of English translation of the same material, numbered p. 215-241. Imperfect: lacks p. 544.