Satellite technology : an introduction
- Inglis, Andrew F.
- 2nd ed.
- Boston, Mass : Focal Press, c1997.
- Physical description
- xiii, 134 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Luther, Arch C.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Satellite Communication Systems: Overview, The Geosynchronous Orbit, Satellite Launching, Communication Satellites, Earth Stations, Summary* Satellites in Radio and Television: The Unique Advantages of Satellites, Deregulation, Satellite Usage By Cable TV Systems, Satellite Usage By Television Broadcasting, Private Television Systems, International Television Service, Satellite Usage By Radio, Transponders Used for Television Program Transmission* Communication Satellites: Satellite Classification Comparison of C-Band and Ku-Band Satellites, Communication Satellite Design, C-Band FSS Satellites, Ku-Band FSS Statellites, Hybrid FSS Satellites, DBS Satellites * Earth Station Equipment: Antennas, Scrambling Systems, Uplink Earth Station Equipment, Downlink Earth Station Equipment, Auxiliary Equipment *Earth Station Planning and Design: Performance and Reliability Specifications, Earth Station Location, Modulation Methods, Satellite Link Calculations, Uplink Earth Station Design, Downlink Earth Station Design, Performance of Representative Systems * FCC Rules and Procedures: Overview, Technical Rules, Application for Earth Station License, International Service * Earth Station Operation and Maintenance: Satellite Operation, Uplink Operation, Downlink Operation, Communication Subsystem, Maintenance, Safety * Satellite Services and Earth Station Equipment: Overview, Satellite Services, Earth Station Equipment *Appendices: Conversion of FCC Downlink Power Density Limits to EIRP, Antenna Directivity, Antenna Gain, Noise Temperature, Antenna Elevation and Azimuth Angles * Glossary * Bibliography * Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Satellite Technology, Second Edition" is a complete update of this popular handbook exploring the world of communication satellites. It will help broadcast professionals and students fully understand these indispensable telecommunications tools. Written in easy-to-understand language, this book covers topics ranging from theories of satellite operation to practical instructions for the initial set-up of mobile earth stations. The second edition has been thoroughly updated to include: the impact of rapid advances in digital technology, the mass deployment of digital DBS systems, new initiatives in satellite design, and changes in regulations. Serves as a complete handbook for the world of communication satellites. It is perfect for both professionals and students. Thoroughly updated, the second edition covers all the latest information.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- A.F. Inglis and A.C. Luther.