The glory of Byzantium : art and culture of the Middle Byzantine era, A.D. 843-1261
- New York : Metropolitan Museum of Art : Distributed by H.N. Abrams, c1997.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 574 p. : ill. (some col.), map ; 32 cm.
N6250 .G55 1997 F
- Unavailable N6250 .G55 1997 F
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 522-559) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Covering the art of the Middle Byzantine period (843-1261 AD), this book demonstrates its wide diversity and influence through 17 scholarly essays. These are accompanied by descriptions and colour reproductions of over 400 objects, as well as pictures of architectural sites all over Eastern Europe.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Helen C. Evans and William D. Wixom.
- Catalogue of exhibit held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York from Mar. 11-July 6, 1997.