World news connection [electronic resource].
- [Washington, D.C.?] : NTIS, c1995-
- A successor to the Daily reports from the Foreign Broadcasting Information Service and the JPRS reports from the Joint Publications Research Service provided through the National Technical Information Service. The material is obtained from non-U.S. open-source political speeches, television programs, radio broadcasts, newspaper articles, periodicals, and books. The content focuses primarily on military, political, environmental, scientific, technical, and socioeconomic issues and events. Under some subscription options, profiling (automated custom-searching) is offered. Full text is available on-line, or relevant articles may be sent to a subscriber's e-mail address.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Title from home page caption.
- Access is restricted to subscribed users and limited to one user at a time.
- File/Data Type
- Online full-text search service.
- Issued also on CD-ROM as: FBIS publications.
- System requirements: WWW browser.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Available online to Stanford-affiliated users.
- Use for: FBIS, Foreign Broadcast Information Service.