Music for piano and orchestra : an annotated guide
- Hinson, Maurice.
- Enl. ed., 1st Midland ed.
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 1993.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 359 p. ; 25 cm.
ML128 .P3 H66 M9 1993
- In-library use ML128 .P3 H66 M9 1993
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface Using the Guide Abbreviations American Agents of Parent Companies of Music Publishers Addresses of Music Publishers Music for Piano and Orchestra Supplement Birth and Death Dates Confirmed since the First Edition Annotated Bibliography Indexes Works for Two Pianos and Orchestra Works for Three of More Pianos and Orchestra Works for Piano One-hand, Three-hands, or Four-hands and Orchestra Works for Piano(s) and Band Works for Piano(s) and Strings Works for Piano(s), Other Instruments, and Orchestra Works for Piano(s) and Chamber Orchestra(s) Works for Piano, Orchestra, and Voices(s) Works for Piano, Orchestra, and Tape Works for Prepared Piano and Orchestra Intermediate to Moderately Difficult Works.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- With the addition of a Supplement containing over 200 new entries, Maurice Hinson now brings together more than 3,000 works for piano and orchestra from the 1700s to the present. Each entry presents such details as the key, opus number, editions available, performance time, level of difficulty, style, and special qualities of the work. Most of the new material describes contemporary compositions, but Hinson also annotates new editions of traditional works and provides an updated Bibliography. "Music for Piano and Orchestra" is a valuable resource for young or less-experienced players and their teachers, as well as for virtuoso pianists.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Maurice Hinson.