Fantasy of flow : the world of fluid flow captured in photographs
- Tokyo : Ohmsha ; Amsterdam : IOS Press, c1993.
- Physical description
- 184 p. : chiefly ill. ; 22 cm.
- Kashika Jōhō Gakkai.
- Kaleidoscope of flows-- flow in our daily life - vehicles, towns, nature, daily life, sports, living beings-- computer aided flow visualization-- invitation to fluid mechanics. Appendix: flow visualization methods-- glossary.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Water and air produce many kinds of flow. For example, the flow in a stream, the wind around a towerblock and the turbulence around an airplane. This book was edited with two goals: to show the very close relationship between fluid flow and our life, and to introduce the form and beauty of fluid flow. Recently, great progress has been made in flow visualization techniques, and the foll-colour photographs in this book aim to initiate the reader's interest in the beauty of flow and encourage them to discover more about the fluid flow around themselves.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- The Visualization Society of Japan.
- Errata sheet inserted.
- Includes index.