- Mill Valley, Calif. : University Science Books, c1994.
- Physical description
- 611 p.
QP531 .B543 1994
- Unknown QP531 .B543 1994
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Transition-Metal Storage, Transport, and Biomineralization-- The Reaction Pathways of Zinc Enzymes and Related Biological Catalysts-- Calcium in Biological Systems-- Biological and Synthetic Dioxygen Carriers-- Dioxygen Reactions-- Electron Transfer-- Ferrodoxins, Hydrogenase, and Nitrogenase - Metal-Sulfide Proteins-- Metal/Nucleic-Acid Interactions-- Metals in Medicine.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Written by major contributors to the field, this book provides students with an introduction and overview of bioinorginic chemistry and gives them the background required to read and follow the current research literature. Each chapter is designed to define and teach underlying principles of bioinorganic chemistry while at the same time describing the state of current knowledge about the particular topic of the chapter. This text-reference is suitable for use in advanced undergraduate and graduate courses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Bioinorganic chemistry.
- Publication date
- Ivano Bertini, Harry B. Gray, Stephen J. Lippard, Joan Selverstone Valentine.