Animal rights and welfare
- New York : H.W. Wilson, 1991.
- Physical description
- 168 p. ; 19 cm.
- Reference shelf ; v. 63, no. 4
- Williams, Jeanne, 1930-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 157-168).
- Rights and responsibilities: Why worry about the animals? / Jean Bethke Elshtain. Are animals people too? / Robert Wright. Dominion over the earth / Gabriel Moran. Animal lib / Tim Stafford
- Animals in research: Of pain and progress / Geoffrey Cowley et al. Animal research is unnecessary and dangerous to humans / Steve Siegel. Animal research is critical to continued progress in human health / Frankie L. Trull. Human vs. animal rights / Jerod M. Loeb. A scientist, "I am the enemy" / Ron Darpati. Alternatives to animals in toxicity testing / Alan M. Goldberg and John M. Frazier. A plea for the chimps / Jane Goodall
- The movement in transition: The fur flies / Jeanie Kasindorf/ Superchicken / Richard Conniff. The American hunter under fire / Michael Satchell. All heaven in a rage / Macdonald Daly. Fuzzy-wuzzy thinking about animal rights / Richard Conniff. Out of the cage / Merritt Clifton.
- Publication date
- edited by Jeanne Williams.