Bass viol [technical drawing] : by John Rose
- Pringle, John.
- London : Victoria and Albert Museum, c1979.
- Physical description
- 2 sheets of technical drawings : blueprint ; 84 x 147 cm. and 84 x 145 cm., rolled + 5 leaves and 8 photos. : b&w, in envelope.
- Publication date
- measured and drawn by John Pringle.
- Label in instrument signed "John Rose." Instrument attributed variously to John Rose, senior (Pringle 1979, p. 502) or John Rose, junior (Victoria and Albert Museum Catalogue, p. 3).
- Instrument restored by W. Gilkes, London, 1860.--Accompanying notes, p. .
- Instrument in London, Victoria and Albert Museum, cat. no. 803-1877.
- Scale 1:1.
- Pringle, John. "The father of English viol-making." Early music 6, no. 4 (1978), pp. 501-511. -- Victoria and Albert Museum. Catalog of musical instruments. 2nd ed. London, 1978-1985, vol. 2, p. 3, no. 1/1.
- Stanford, copy 1: Accompanying descriptive text and photos available from Music Circulation desk.